Enable Default Editor is a free plugin maintained by the keendevs team (keendevs.com) that restores the previous (“classic”) WordPress editor and the “Edit Post” screen.
At a glance, this plugin adds the following:
- Add New plugin.
- search Enable Defult editor plugin
- Install and Active Defult editor plugin.
By default, this plugin hides all functionality available in the new Block Editor (“Gutenberg”).
- Default settings
When activated this plugin will restore the previous (“classic”) WordPress editor and hide the new Block Editor (“Gutenberg”).
- update plugin thumbnail icon
- update pluign banner image
- update readme.text
- update plugin name
Contributors & Developers
“Enable Default Editor” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Cyfranwyr
“Enable Default Editor” has been translated into 2 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Enable Default Editor” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updated for WordPress 5.2 and Gutenberg 5.3+.
- Enhanced and fixed the “open posts in the last editor used to edit them” logic.
- Fixed adding post state so it can easily be accessed from other plugins.