Lazy load images, YouTube and Vimeo videos, and iframes using Lazy Load XT.
Lazy Load XT is the fastest, lightest, fully customizable lazy load plugin in the WordPress Plugin Directory.
This plugin works by loading the Lazy Load XT script and replacing the
src attributes with
data-src when the content of a post or page is loaded on the front end of a WordPress site.
- Install and activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Download and unzip Lazy Load XT.
- Upload the
lazy-load-xtfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Why aren’t my images lazy loading?
Lazy Load XT filters images added to the page using
get_avatar. If your images are added using another function (
wp_get_attachment_imagefor example), Lazy Load XT does not filter them. However, as of v0.4, you can filter the HTML yourself by passing it to
For example, if a theme has:
Changing it to the following would lazy load the image:
echo get_lazyloadxt_html( wp_get_attachment_image($id) );
Contributors & Developers
“Lazy Load XT” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Cyfranwyr
Translate “Lazy Load XT” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix multisite activation error
- Actually fixed the error for older versions of PHP
- Fixed error for older versions of PHP
- Fixed incorrect script being loaded for background images
- Implemented srcset attribute for WP 4.4
- Tweaked regex for iframes
- Fixed operators on settings class
get_lazyloadxt_html()to let users pass HTML to be filtered
- Disabled filtering HTML for RSS Feeds
- Added support for content loaded via AJAX
- Error when using checked() and undefined index
- Fix typos and undefined indexes
- Parse HTML with regex instead of PHP’s DOMDocument
- Fix UTF-8 problems
- Enable script-based tagging
- Lazy load gravatars
- Enable loading scripts from CDN and in footer
- Lazy load HTML5 elements
- Toggle and lazy load featured images, text widgets
- Specify css classes to skip lazy loading
- Improve settings, installation and upgrade
- Fallback to 1×1 pixel transparent gif
- HTML validation
- Load Lazy Load XT js using