This plugin lets the user fill in their profile URLs in the admin, then use a shortcode on a page or post to display the logos and links for 23 different services. If the review service allows it, UNLIKE Yelp, you can copy / paste that URL to link people directly to “Leave a Review”.
Two sizes of logos are available, and a widget is also included. Yeah we know it needs more sizes…
The services supported are:
- Judy’s Book
- Yahoo Local
- Facebook (why not?)
- Best of the Web
- Merchant Circle
- Twitter (@whynot?)
- Angie’s list
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
Using the WP admin uploader, install the zipped plugin. Alternatively, you can unzip locally, thenmanually FTP the lowest level folder into your
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Visit the plugin settings page to add your profile URLs, or be smart and link directly to your “Leave a review” link at Yelp, or wherever you can.
Use the shortcode (shown at the top of the admin screen) any page or post.
What does this plugin do?
Allows you to easily create a looking page with links to your business profiles. You can then send your users to this page in various ways, trying to get them to leave you a review.
You could, yes, and from there users can leave a review. However, if you link directly to the button action for “leave a review” at each service, you’ll likely have better results.
Not all services support this, but MANY do. At Yelp, for example, just right click “Leave a Review” , choose to “open in a new tab” (a.k.a browser window) and if it works, use that URLs. If it doesn’t show you the option when you right click, then you can’t use it there.
What if I have more than one location?
At this time the plugin only supports a single location, and a multi-locational version may become available at some time in the future.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Review Profile Links” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Cyfranwyr
Interested in development?
- Tested with wordpress 5.8.2
- Removed affiliate link
- Tested with wordpress 5.5
- Tested with wordpress 5.4
- Changed Google+ to Google
- Tested with wordpress 5.2.3
- Admin sidebar update.
- Tested with wordpress 5.1.1
- Removal of affiliate ad.
- New sidebar, images, and name change.
- Removed unneeded function in activate and deactivate calls to prevent error.
- Addition of Angie’s list and Houzz to Our Profiles
- Fixed youtube 3 minute video link in Our Profiles
- Added service – tripadvisor
- Admin settings page layout done
- Final prep for upload to WP repository
- Tested with WP 3.6
- Added 100 pixel icon choices
- Added three more services – Customer Lobby, Demand Force and Twitter.
- Added drag and drop sorting in the admin