A simple, lightweight WordPress plugin for displaying a discreet notification bar that is dismissable and the dismissal is saved by cookie. Perfect for implementing the EU cookie law (GDPR)!
The Cookie Bar plugin creates a small bar at the bottom of the website with a short customizable message about cookies and an accept button. Once a visitor has accepted the Cookie Bar, it then disappears.
Feel free to try out the plugin through our installation of Cookie Bar.
Troubleshooting: If you or your visitors are using an adblocker that can block cookie bars, the bar may not show up. Whitelist your website in your adblocker’s browser add-on/extension.
Add the plugin by uploading the zip file to your WordPress admin area > Plugins > Add New or by installing it from the WordPress Plugin directory.
Activate the plugin and go to Settings > Cookie Bar.
Configure it as you would like.
Contributors & Developers
“Cookie Bar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Cyfranwyr
Translate “Cookie Bar” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- New expiration options. Choose between custom (in days) or never expire.
- New option to display the Cookie Bar at the top of your website.
- Three new colour options (Button Font Colour, Bar Background Colour, Bar Font Colour).
- New option to hide the Cookie Bar for logged in users.
- Cookie Bar Settings link added in Plugins page.
- Mobile optimisation.
- Text improvements.
- PHP bug fix.
- Sanitize the output. Fix XSS vulnerability.
- Bug fix v5.3.
- Fix compatibility issue.
- Added i18n internationalization support.
- Attempt to resolve possible caching issue with cookie.
- Color Picker added.
- Option to change button colour.
- Default values added.
- Initial public release.