This plugin allows you to embed external sites that are not supported by the built-in WordPress embed feature. It fetches information from the site’s embed API, oEmbed endpoint and Open Graph tags. It will also parse the content manually if such information cannot be found.
Just copy-and-paste the URL into your favorite WordPress post editor to trigger the embed fetching function.
It integrates seamlessly with the Gutenberg editor, Elementor, classic editor, the embed shortcode, and also programmatically, so you don’t have to set up anything to get it working.
- No setup needed. Activate and it should work right away.
- Non-intrusive. This plugin will not replace embed for sites already supported by the built-in WordPress embed feature or other plugins (e.g., Jetpack).
- Responsive. Embed cards will adjust to the available space.
- Extendable template. The default embed card template can be extended to get a different look.
Supported content types
Content types below are supported by the plugin:
- Any web pages.
- Any source code and configuration file links (js, css, php, py, rb, ini, conf, etc).
- Any video links (mp4, m4v, webm, ogv, flv).
- Any audio links (mp3, ogg, flac, m4a, wav).
- Any PDF document links.
This plugin also improves support for the following content providers:
Contributors & Developers
“Embed Extended – Embed Maps, Videos, Websites, Source Codes, and more” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Cyfranwyr
Interested in development?
- Uses iframe to wrap the embed card.
- Adds custom CSS setting.
- Adds support for embedding source code and configuration file links.
- Improves support for embedding GitHub source code links.
- Improves support for embedding GitLab source code links.
- Fix embedding Twitch videos due to change in their API parameter.
- Fix missing settings page.
- Adds new feature to exclude or include only certain URL patterns.
- Improves settings page.
- Improves plugin deactivation behavior.
- Adds admin notice.
- Improves support for embedding PDF document links.
- Improves support for embedding Google Maps directions and street views.
- Adds debug feature.
- Improves support for embedding Wistia videos and playlists.
- Improves support for embedding video and audio links.
- Adds settings page.
- Improves support for embedding Google Maps places, directions, search results, and area maps.
- Improves support for embedding Waze livemap.
- Improves support for embedding GitHub snippets/gists.
- Improves support for embedding Twitch videos, channel, and collections.
- Improves data caching.
- Adds data sanitation and filter hooks.
- Initial release.